Bill Downes has devoted his professional career to the resolution of conflict as an a mediator, attorney and an arbitrator.
- Recognized by Best Lawyers in America for Family Law Mediation.
- Recipient of the 2010 Peacekeeper Award from the Utah Council on Conflict Resolution.
- Mediated over 3,000 Family and Divorce cases since 1990.
- Advanced Family Practitioner, Association for Conflict Resolution.
- Awarded the Peter S. Billings, Sr. Outstanding Dispute Resolution Award in 2000.
- Served as the Executive Director of Utah Dispute Resolution from 1999 through 2004.
- Trained over 500 lawyers and other professionals in mediation skills as a member of the teaching faculty of Utah Dispute Resolution.
- Trained as a collaborative attorney 2002.
- Graduated from the University of Maryland School of Law in 1976.
- Law Clerk to Judge Joseph M. Hannon, Washington D. C. 1977.
- Admitted to Utah State Bar in 1978.
- Practiced Law in the State and Federal Courts of Utah, 1978-1999.
- Trained in Family Mediation Skills by CDR Associates, Boulder, Colorado 1990.
- Graduated from Princeton University in 1972
"If you want to make peace, you don't talk to your friends, you talk to your enemies." Moshe Dayan
This site managed with Dynamic Website Technology
Products and Services